Salt Systems – Salt Water Pools
Pool Works provides exceptional pool services, including proper care of salt systems and other types of chlorination systems for pools. Many of our clients in Lakeland FL, and Polk County FL choose salt systems because the water is more comfortable for the skin and the eyes. In addition, the water doesn’t have the taste or smell of chlorine. Salt water pools feel more natural and have a softening effect on the skin.
The chlorination system in a pool is an essential component, since it provides the chlorine that makes water safe to swim in and free of unsightly green algae. Many of our Pool Works clients in Lakeland FL, and Polk County FL, have chosen salt systems for their pools. There are several top reasons salt systems are popular. The water is easier on eyes, has a softening effect on skin, and doesn’t taste or smell like chlorine. Swimming is, overall, much more pleasant in a pool with a salt system for chlorination. These types of systems haven’t been around as long as standard chlorination systems, which have been in use since the early 1900s. The technology behind saltwater pools was created in Australia in the 1960s. Research indicates that 95% of swimmers recently surveyed prefer swimming in a salt water pool.
How does salt water chlorination work?
Salt water pools require substantially less maintenance than pools with standard chlorination systems. They are less expensive to maintain because pool salt is significantly less expensive than traditional forms of chlorine. The upfront cost of a saltwater system is, however, far greater than with a traditional chlorination system.
What a salt water system does, in essence, is transform your Lakeland FL pool into a mini chlorine factory. The equipment needed to make the salt water system work is what initially costs more. However, most find that the equipment is still a smaller cost than the ongoing purchase of chlorine that would otherwise be needed.
Saltwater pools FAQs
The following answers some frequently asked questions about saltwater pools:
- The water in saltwater pools doesn’t taste salty because there is only about the equivalent of one teaspoon of salt per gallon of water.
- The water in a pool using a salt water chlorination system is blue and is also better water quality than with a traditional chlorine system.
- The water in a saltwater pool feels soft because the water actually is softer.
- The corrosive effects on pool equipment and fittings are minimal and practically insignificant, in pools with salt systems.
- After salt is poured into a pool’s deep end, it dissolves quickly and is circulated through the main drains and pump system, which distributes it evenly throughout the pool.
- Water evaporation does not cause the pool to lose salt because salt doesn’t evaporate when the water does.
Salt system maintenance with Pool Works
There’s no need to stress over pool maintenance. Many homeowners in Lakeland FL, and Polk County FL, trust Pool Works with their salt chlorination systems, and you can, too. All of our technicians are background-checked, drug-tested, and trained regularly in order to provide exceptional pool service. Contact us at Pool Works today to learn more about salt systems or to have one maintained or installed.